Cancellation or return of orders made online or via email
Once you have placed your order you can cancel your whole order up until 14 days after the delivery date and we will provide a full refund. Any part orders cancelled within 14 days of delivery may be eligible for a collection charge.
How to cancel?
If you would like to cancel your order, you just need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. To do this you can call us on +44 (0)1295 273355 with your Order Acknowledgement email to hand. Alternatively you can notify us online here . Please include your order number and clearly specify which product(s) you wish to return.
Returning your items
If you have already received your order, it needs to be returned to Hummingbird Bike in full and in resalable condition before the refund is made. We also ask that you return the packaging wherever possible. You can arrange collection of cancelled online orders by contacting us. Please have your order number and delivery receipt to hand. We will then arrange for a collection.
For all online purchases returned after 14 days you are responsible for the cost of returning the product(s) unless the product is faulty or not as described, in which case we will refund any reasonable costs you incur in returning it to us. If you are returning your product(s) because they are faulty or incorrect, no collection fee will be charged. We will make any refund due to you as soon as possible and within the following timelines:
- If you have received the product(s) and we have agreed not to collect them from you, 14 days after the day on which we receive the product(s) back from you. Or if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the product(s) back to us; or
- If you have not received the product(s) or you have received them and we have agreed to collect them from you, 14 days after you inform us of your decision to cancel the contract.
If you decide to return the bike to us after you have started to use it then you should fold and box it to the extent necessary to allow it to be properly returned. However, if disassembly is reasonably likely to cause damage to an item please leave it assembled and let us know by contacting us.
You agree to take reasonable care of the product(s) from the time that they are delivered to you until the time that they are returned.
Collection of items
Collection of the product(s) will only take place from the delivery address to which they were delivered and will be subject to the following:
- You agree to provide Hummingbird Bike with as much detail as possible of relevant features of the delivery address which floor the items are to be collected from, whether there are any narrow doors etc.) in order to help our representative prepare for the collection;
- You agree to ensure that there is suitable access to the chosen collection location;
- If our representative reasonably considers that collection from the room of your choice is likely to cause damage to the product or to your property, they will inform you and record this concern on the collection document. You may instruct our representative to collect the product in spite of such concern but we will not be liable for any damage caused to your property or to the product as a consequence of us attempting collection on your instructions (provided that reasonable care is taken in collecting the bike);
- You agree to give our representative all products which are being returned, including all component parts of such products and all related items or accessories (and if possible the original packaging) which are included in the price of the products being returned;
- A collection document must be signed by you to confirm that the collection has taken place. The collection document will be provided by the representative who comes to collect your products;
- If you are not personally available to accept collection of the products, you may appoint a representative to do so on your behalf. The representative must be an adult capable of supervising collection on your behalf, and you agree that we will be entitled to rely on the representative's instructions as if they were your own.
Questions about the returns should be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org